Thursday, May 9, 2013

Flickr looks good

I spent the wee hours of the morning checking out Flickr.  I've been a member for years, but I just realized how good it can be.  I like the way I can organize and share my photos and videos.

I've got my stuff scattered all over the internet.  Videos on slideshare, vimeo and youtube.  Photos in everything from picasa to pinterest.  I don't even know where some of my stuff is.  I'm paying slideshare $20 per month to store video.  Flickr will do more at a better price for six times as long.

Flickr is for non-commercial use only, but it is a great place to display your photos and video.  And, yes your work is copyright protected if you set it up that way.  Businesses can tell their story on Flickr.  There are strict guidelines for businesses and organizations.  Basically, tall people what you do but no promotions.  You cannot sell stuff and no price lists. but you can publish photos of activities.  Use Flickr to help people understand, know, like and trust your business or organization.

The relationships you build with people is key to keeping loyal members.  Flickr is a great place to make friends and let your friends follow you in pictures.  Join me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/28340359@N02/

No comments: